In November-December 2010, mayors and county executives of the MPO Executive Board held a series of community conversations around the region to allow interested citizens to learn more about major regional transportation planning efforts and important changes to public policy therein.
In all, five workshops were held throughout the MPO's planning area, where members of the public had the opportunity to hear an in-depth presentation and submit questions & comments on proposed infrastructure investments to support the livability, sustainability, prosperity and diversity of the region as a whole, as well as that of their individual counties of residence.
- Wilson County - Tues., Nov. 9th, 5:30-7:45 p.m., Lebanon Town Meeting Hall, 200 Castle Heights Ave N, Lebanon 37087 - with Mayors Craighead, Elam, and Hutto
- Rutherford County - Tues., Nov. 16th, 5:00-7:00 p.m., Smyrna City Hall, Council Chambers, 315 S. Lowry Street, Smyrna 37167 - with Mayors Bragg, Burgess, Dover, Erwin, and Tune
- Davidson County - Mon., Nov. 29th, 5:00-7:00 p.m., Adventure Science Center, 800 Fort Negley Boulevard, Nashville 37203 - with Metropolitan Nashville Mayor Karl Dean,
- Williamson County - Tues., Nov. 30th, 5:00-7:00 p.m., Franklin Police Dept., Community Room, 900 Columbia Ave, Franklin 37064 - with Mayors Anderson, Crossley, Dinwiddie, and Schroer
- Sumner County - Wed., Dec. 8th, 5:00-7:00 p.m., Sumner County Administration Building - Commission Chambers, 355 North Belvedere Drive, Gallatin 37066 - with Mayors Foster, Graves, Holt, Manning, and Wilber
Michael Skipper, AICP